Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Graduation weekend

So it's official! I'm done with school and graduation is over. My family came in on Friday to help me pack and move and of course, go to graduation. When they came they brought a wonderful surprise - my brother! I was told that he wouldn't be able to make it to graduation because it would be too much to fly in for that as well as my sister's wedding this summer. Practically everyone I knew was in on the surprise. It was so good to have the whole family there, as well as my mentor since middle school. Packing and such was crazy. I still am not really sure how we managed to get everything packed into our cars. But somehow it all worked.

Sunday my dad, brother, and I drove to Dallas to see Rent. I've never been to see anything on Broadway, so I was pumped and my brother LOVES Rent so he was excited too. During intermission we were invited down to the Executive office downstairs and got to meet the president of the Dallas Summer Musicals. During conversation I mentioned that I was a graphic design major... or rather now I should say I'm a Graphic Designer since I'm no longer in school. Anyway, he wants me to send him my resume so he can pass it on to people in Dallas that are hiring. Very flattering indeed. The whole time I was just hoping I wouldn't do something stupid like spill my drink all over the place. :) Luckily that didn't happen.

So now I'm back home. It hasn't really hit yet that I'm done with school and I won't be going back soon. Or that I won't have tons of homework waiting for me after the break. None of that seems real yet. All I know is that I have a room full of stuff that needs to be sorted through and repacked so it can be put into a storage unit and a job that still has yet to be found. I'm not sure things will ever slow down. But they will change, that's for sure.

Alright, I don't have all of the graduation pictures up yet. They weren't all taken with my camera. So there are still many more that haven't been added to my computer. But of the ones I do have.... here's a few.














Graduation Dinner on Friday and Graduation Ceremony

Me and Sam and All Three of the Siblings




















Me and Michelle being silly... what a shocker.... :)
And my brother..... well.... let's just say that he told all his friends back in Indiana that he was going to Texas to get an honorary degree in Theoretical Physics. So he stole my robe and cap. Good times, good times! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I don't know what happened with the comments about the photos... oh well. I'm sure you can figure it out.