Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I get a verse of the day in my inbox every morning. It's usually something encouraging and beneficial to start my day with. The other day I opened the e-mail to find Isaiah 52:7 "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news." Every time I read this verse I am reminded of a song I was introduced to at Beltway based on the verse.
Here are the lyrics:

How lovely on
the mountains are the feet of Him
Who brings good news, good news;
Anouncing peace,
proclaiming news of happiness,
Our God reigns, our God reigns

Our God reigns, our God reigns!
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

He had no stately form, He had no majesty
That we should be drawn to Him.
He was despised and we took no account of Him.
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

Our God reigns, our God reigns!
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

Out of the tomb
He came with grace and majesty;
He is alive, He’s alive.
God loves us so,
see here His hands, His feet, His side
Yes, we know He’s alive.

Our God reigns, our God reigns!
Our God reigns, our God reigns!

My memories of this song are sweet. It is such a great reminder that through all and in all our God reigns! It no longer matters what trial, obstacle, or hurdle I face - I know that my God reigns. He reigns over all the earth. He reigns over all situations. He reigns over all decisions. And he reigns over my heart. It is here that I find the ability to surrender. It is here that I can finally let go of all the things I so closely cling to. All that I have convinced myself that I NEED to hold onto. I find comfort in knowing that it is no longer I who has control but Him. All I have to do is walk in it. It's quite an oxymoron that in order to find control and order in our lives we first have to surrender all of our control. But the wisdom of the cross is foolishness.
There is nothing more intimate about our walk with Jesus than saying "Jesus I trust you to be the Maker of my day, the Maker of my joy, and the Maker of my peace" and to actually wholeheartedly mean what you say. It is His glory for us to walk this out daily. And His glory to cover us with grace when we don't.
Here I am challenged to lay down my agenda. My desires to find a specific kind of job, to work at this kind of place or be involved with that kind of church....... Jesus wants more for me that to find a good job. Even the right job or church or town or whatever. Jesus is calling, beckoning me to know Him better. to walk closer with Him today, right now. To find my joy, my satisfaction, all my comfort in Him.
May we all chose this. May we all come running, walking, crawling, or even falling before Him because we want more of Him. We have to know Him deeper. We need Him, dare, we even want and LONG for Him. He is our life-sustainer.

No comments: